Friday, November 23, 2012

Diving in the Deep End - Our First Yarraville Market


So, I did it! After almost two years since my last Warrandyte Market - and much thought and discussion - I finally decided it was time to take the plunge and return to the market scene.

But I was determined not to go back to any old market. It had to be upmarket, classy and quaint, but most importantly indoor. Yarraville Market seemed to fit the bill perfectly, so I thought I'd give that go.

Located in hired-out Masonic Hall around the corner from trendy Ballarat Street, this was my chance to 'step up' and experience something new. And I sure did.

Yarraville Market

I didn't know quite what to expect. I only knew was that it wasn't going to be anything like Warrandyte... No dust. No dirt. No worries about whether our stall would survive the day. Or our stock for that matter...

Yes, this was a plunge into new unventured territories. And I was more then a little excited! As much as I loved atmosphere of Warrandyte, I was so over the hassles that came with setting up shop there. 

So hello Yarraville  and good-bye dust! 

Here's how my new look stall looked on the day... And yes, for those of you who remember my old market stall at Warrandyte, I did somehow actually manage to squeeze the best part of a massive 3x6 metre outdoor stall into a relatively tiny 3 metres space, and make it look reasonable pretty and organized. Not half-bad first attempt, I think!

(Apologies though, about the poor photo quality.. I, of course, had to forgot to take my better camera, didn't I...!!)


My 'New Look' Stall...


Full of pretty accessories

My lovely helper & I


And here's some of my fellow stall holders...





Handmade by Jacinta

Greediebird
Mr Moo

Endota Spa

Midge and Judy

Rainy Days Joy
The Little Sparrow

Beaded Works

Coushi


Here We Go Loopy Lou

Luana's Bead Jewellery

Mimoko

Winter Built

Spirit of Light


Soap Cuisine

Tasha's Treasures

Totally Innocent
Squirt Baby

Boldandstriking

So, now that I've go my feet 'wet', I very much look forward to doing a few more markets next year, all going well of course!


Tell me, which market would you like to see me next at?


6 comments:

  1. What a terrific post. Thanks for the shout out. The photos are a great representation of our lovely little market community. I too defected from Warrandyte Market, don't miss the dust, rain, wind and heat, not one bit, oh no. Looking forward to seeing you again on the 8th

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure Michelle. I always love to share and spread the word about other talented artisans and inspiring places... ♥

      Delete
  2. Looks gorgeous Suzie - both your stall and all the others.

    I must say, when selling fabric items especially, I can't imagine dust would be great for display items .. good on you for moving onwards and upwards! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leanne. No, clothing + dust don't go well together!! In fact I can't think really of anything that does go well together, besides perhaps certain African animals... ;)

      Delete
  3. Looks like a lovely market. I'm new to being a stall holder & have started going to a new market on the Mornington Peninsula - Emu Plains Market in Balnarring. I have done 2 markets & like Warrandyte oh, the dust & weather conditions can be a downer.
    I make clothing & accessories for liitle girls & boys using vintage fabrics. It's not easy for people to 'get' the vintage thing, or appreciate it. The idea of something like the Yarraville market looks like a great concept.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing your thoughts Alison. I hope things work out for you with your new market. There's always an element of risk when trying anything new, so good on you for giving it a go! : )

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by to read my blog. Please feel free to share your thoughts. I'd love to hear them! ♥